Monday, August 1, 2011

Is This An Emergency?

So approximately 10 minutes after my last post, my bathroom ceiling did in fact cave in.  I was sitting in my living room/bedroom/kitchen when I heard a big crash/fwoosh sound.  From the mere inches I was able to crack the door open I could see a 2 or 3 foot hole above my sink and plaster and dirt covering everything.  I did not see any cockroaches but I couldn't open the door all the way to do a thorough check.

I called my super who was there earlier tonight to look at the leak and said he'd get a plumber there in the am.  I said, "my bathroom ceiling just caved in."  He replied, "is this an emergency?"

Well, I guess it depends on one's definition of an emergency.  I wasn't IN the bathroom when the ceiling collapsed so I wasn't buried under the rubble or knocked unconscious while I was on the toilet, but there is also still water running from the ceiling into my apartment, the ceiling is now on the floor which is the opposite of where it should be, and I can't open my bathroom door all the way which is kind of a problem for a person who has to pee about 27 times a day.

So now I'm at the boyfriend's apartment after all, chilling on his couch and watching old episodes of "She-Ra" (so I guess there is an upside to all of this).  Thankfully he was still up when I called even though he has to wake up at 5 am tomorrow.  At least this is a better excuse than the time I woke him up in the middle of the night to escape a cockroach?

I'm going to try to post some before and after pictures tomorrow.  Well, you saw the before picture -- it's in my last post.  Now just imagine a huge gaping hole where that sagging plaster used to be.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

What the...
could you imagine if you were in there brushing your teeth? Good luck! Thank God for your boyfriend!
Blessings, Joanne

Missed Periods said...

Your super sounds like FEMA.