Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Aftermath

Here are the promised pictures of my bathroom post-ceiling collapse.  Thankfully, the plumber finally showed up yesterday, fixed the leak, cleaned up the fallen plaster and rubble, and put plastic over the hole until it is dry enough to repair.
This is my ceiling.
This is also my ceiling. But as you can see, in this picture the ceiling seems to have gotten confused and is on the floor which is the opposite of where it should be.
This is the rubble that landed in my sink.  There was also a nice collection that landed in the bathtub next to the sink.

I guess I can be thankful for 2 things:

1) This happened while I was at home rather than next week when I'm going to be gone for 10 days.
2) This happened in the bathroom and over the sink so most of the water went down the drain and I didn't have to put a bucket under it.

Never a dull moment.

(PS Did I mention that love my apartment?  Because I really do.)

1 comment:

Cynthia DiFilippo Elomaa said...

you poor thing, I hope the clean up and repair job was to horrific.