Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Adventure Continues

Woke up this morning to my bathroom ceiling leaking AGAIN in the exact same place it was last time - dripping through the area that had been repaired and repainted and what have you.  I am so not in the mood to deal with this.

In addition the bulbs in the fixture over my kitchen sink burned out so I replaced them to no avail.  Since I had to call my super this morning anyway I decided to try to kill two birds with one stone.  The following conversation ensued:

Me: "The fixture above my kitchen sink isn't working.  I replaced the light bulbs but it still won't turn on.  I think it may be a wiring problem."

Super: "What bulbs did you use?"

Me: "60 watt - the same kind that were in there previously."

Super: "Maybe it will work if you use energy saver bulbs."

Me: "....I....what?  No, I don't think it matters what KIND of bulbs you use as long as the wattage is correct."   I doubt energy saver bulbs even existed when this building was built.  And also, I'm not an electrician but...what?

Super: "Ok I'll talk to the landlord."
You have no idea how to fix a wiring problem, do you.  I am never going to have lights in my kitchen again, am I.
To be continued...

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Ugh! They will suggest anything just as long as it gets you off the phone. I hate that! Good luck!
Blessings, Joanne

Sarah Tokeley said...

Okay, I can barely turn a lightswitch on and even I know that energy saving lightbulbs probably aren't going to cut it.

Trisha said...

My crappy lighting at home only got fixed when the landpeople were trying to sell!

Cynthia DiFilippo Elomaa said...

Here's hoping you don't kill your super or land lord. Just kidding I hope they fix the problem fast because those are annoying.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Yeah, it doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about. Energy saving bulbs, lol. Good luck! I hope you get it figured out.

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Hmm, lazy person alert! Obviously wanted to delay dealing with the problem. Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon!