Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous!

Maybe I'm late to the party and this is old news, but if you're an 80s kid like me who used to fantasize that you were a rock star with pink hair, you will be psyched to know that JEM is back!
Its on The Hub which is on channel 22 with Time Warner in New York and airs at 1 am, 7:30 am, 2 pm and 7 pm.

If JEM wasn't your thing (in which case...why not?  I do not understand) The Hub also has My Little Pony, Fraggle Rock, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Strawberry Shortcake, Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego...jeez my press agent side is coming out and I feel like I'm promoting this station.  Well, I guess I am.  Because this lineup is seriously genius.

In other TV news, my other 2 favorite 80s shows are also back, but on a different station which I don't get.  She-Ra and He-Man are on Qubo - thankfully the boyfriend gets that station so when I'm at his place I wait for him to fall asleep and then I sneak into his living room to watch.
People, this resurgence of 80s cartoons is completely amazeballs and something I've been waiting years for.  I have a couple of tapes of JEM and She-Ra, but there's something about these episodes re-airing that gives me the warm-fuzzies. 

Anyone have a favorite 80s show they are geeked about re-airing or wish would come back?

I'm totally about to pull out my stretchy pants and neon green scrunchie.

1 comment:

The East Coaster said...

I came over from the Platform Campaign, but this post made me smile with my whole heart.